Sunday, May 30, 2010

the way your hand fit mine.

It’s been a year since I’ve seen you but I’m proud to announce,
I’ve started to move on, I even stopped thinking of you when I heard your favorite song
Though I think you were always there, in the back of my mind
(because I always skip it anyway)
I didn’t think it was possible, I didn’t want it to be either
I didn’t want you gone, but I don’t think I had the choice.
That day I left you, you have to know, it hurt me too
(I just couldn’t let you see)
That day I saw you again, sitting on the park bench alone,
So much came back to me, so much I didn’t want to remember
Like the way your eyes would shine when you’d smile
(and the way your hand fit mine)
It’s hard to think that I was always wrong, and never right
I just thought for once maybe I could be, maybe I’d be alright
I started thinking highly of myself, & I thought I was strong
(until I heard your voice again)

No comments:

Post a Comment