Sunday, May 30, 2010

a life of broken glass

A fallen leaf, a frozen ground, and the icy wind are all that’s left as I stand in the rain
You’ve left me here again, you’ve left me here alone
But it isn’t the loneliness that worries me, no, not that. That’s a feeling I know.
A feeling I call my own.
What worries me is what’s wrong with me, and what’s wrong with me is worry
A vicious circle with a deadly end.
I’m never good enough, never strong enough, never proud enough
Not for you.
Not for them.
Not even for myself.
Our home is broken, you’ve made this quite clear
The dirty dishes inside on the counter are a mirror image of the life we live.
Or, rather, the life we once lived.
Nothing clean, not your heart not mine.
I don’t want to see them, not today, not ever.
I think I’ll stay here
And let the tears of the sky fall over me
The clouds are crying,
They’re crying for you
Whether the tears are happy or not, I’ll never know
They’re crying for me
They’ll wash me clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment